SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Staff Accountant is responsible for executing the general accounting functions of the organization including maintaining general ledgers, preparing journal entries, maintaining balance sheet schedules maintaining account and bank reconciliations, and performing other accounting activities.
- Assist in the maintenance of the general ledger for multiple legal entities.
- Support the monthly close process including but not limited to bank reconciliations, preparing and posting adjusting entries, analysis of aging schedules, etc.
- Entry and management of accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Preparing construction pay applications.
- Support bi-weekly payroll and monthly subcontractor payments as needed.
- Maintain orderly filing system to ensure all invoices and vouchers are filed appropriately.
- Administrative duties relating to filing, scanning, and mailing of documents.
- Assist other team members with finance and accounting support as needed.
- Perform ad-hoc reporting and analysis as requested.
- Provide support to operations staff for ongoing accounting issues.
- Assist with the conversion and implementation of Spectrum Construction Software.
- Assist with the annual audit and help with the requests from audit staff.
- Participate in meetings as required.
EDUCATION + EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Potential candidate for the CPA exam or has obtained CPA.
- 2-4 years of construction experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
- Experience in Spectrum Construction Software (by Viewpoint, formerly Dexter+Chaney) required.
- Experience highly desirable but not required:
SKILLS + QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent work ethic and team player attitude.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong, concise written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and third parties.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period. Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic).
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.