SUMMARY OF POSITION
Reporting to the Director of Construction, the Site Superintendent will be stationed onsite full time and will be responsible to ensure that the project is completed safely, on schedule, in a quality manner, and within budget. They, along with the Project Manager, will have full responsibility to ensure the success of the construction project.
- Responsible to oversee the daily management aspects of the construction site: safety, QA/QC, AHJ inspections, etc. This includes problem resolution and dealing with the day-to-day issues of the construction process.
- Proficient in reading and understanding construction documents (engineering drawings, structural, mechanical, and civil designs, equipment specifications, etc.) Enforce compliance with the design documents.
- Update and communicate the project schedule to ensure timely completion of the projects.
- Monitor and track progress of work in the field relative to the project schedule. Formulate and implement recovery plans for schedule slippage as needed.
- Develop and perform extensive QAQC inspections to ensure that all items are installed in accordance with the design documents and the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Perform SWPPP inspections and ensure compliance with all SWPPP regulations.
- Conduct meetings on-site with engineers, owner’s representatives and subcontractors.
- Ensure compliance with RPI, Owner, and OSHA safety protocols on the construction site.
- Perform regular comprehensive safety inspections of the jobsite.
- If no Safety Manager is assigned to the project, then this individual will also perform the duties typical of a Safety Manager, including:
- Perform onsite safety orientations
- Collect and review subcontractor JHA’s
- Collect and review other safety documentation from subs
- Lead safety stand-downs and toolbox talks
- Flexible schedule and willingness to travel; Ability to travel both domestically and internationally is required.
EDUCATION + EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree, or minimum of 10 years’ construction experience (preferred).
- 5+ years’ experience in a Superintendent role (required).
- Adequate safety training (First Aid, CPR, AED and OSHA 30).
- Solar EPC experience (preferred).
SKILLS + QUALIFICATIONS
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong understanding of prime contract and subcontract language.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven analytical skills and ability to synthesize information, organizational skills.
- Familiarity with MS Project and web-based project management tools.
- Ability to perform successfully under high levels of accountability for safety, schedule, and budget performance.
- Strong leadership skills required.
- Excel at collaborating and building strong partnerships.
- Proven track record of completing assignments safely, on time, and within established budgets.