SUMMARY OF POSITION
Reporting to the Director of Construction, the Project Manager will drive evaluation and execution throughout the project life cycle, including acquisition, development, financing, construction, commissioning, and transitioning to the operations team. The Project Manager and the Director of Construction will collaborate closely with representatives from other internal business units such as engineering, accounting, and finance.
- Independently oversee and manage the Solar design, construction, and commissioning process for commercial and utility-scale projects.
- Hire and oversee design firms to produce project designs. Guide the project through the permitting process.
- Collaborate directly with the engineers and subcontractors to ensure feasibility of project design.
- Conduct meetings on-site with engineers, owner’s representatives and subcontractors.
- Responsible to oversee the daily management aspects of construction: safety, QA/QC, AHJ inspections, etc. This includes problem resolution and dealing with the day-to-day issues of the construction process.
- Proficient in reading and understanding construction documents (engineering drawings, structural, and civil designs, equipment specifications, etc.)
- Enforce compliance with the design documents.
- Implement all OSHA Construction Safety Standards including incident reporting.
- Respond to RFP’s from Owners, perform drawing take-offs, evaluate project risks based on bid documents, compile pricing, etc.
- Create, update, and communicate the project schedule to ensure timely completion of the projects.
- Manage subcontractor bidding process, write subcontractor scopes of work and subcontracts.
- Manage project budget, forecast project costs, and generate draw schedules.
- Evaluate and process subcontractor pay applications, evaluate Owner pay applications.
- Strong understanding of prime contract and subcontract language.
EDUCATION + EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (required).
- 5+ years’ experience in project management, construction, cost estimating, and project scheduling.
- Solar EPC experience (preferred).
SKILLS + QUALIFICATIONS
- Strategist with a proven track record in complex problem-solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excel at collaborating and building strong partnerships.
- Proven track record of completing assignments safely, on time, and within established budgets.
- Familiarity with MS Project and web-based project management tools.
- Strong leadership skills including the ability to create positive change and deliver results.
- Ability to work independently and effectively lead strategic work through cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexible schedule and willingness to travel; Ability to travel both domestically and internationally is required.
- Proven analytical skills and ability to synthesize information, organizational skills, and flexibility in managing several projects concurrently.
- Manage priorities and see that they are set, communicated, and monitored regularly by clients and internal staff.
- Highest professional standards; excellent written and oral communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Serve as the primary client interface for the project. Ensure that all client expectations are met, and a positive relationship is maintained.
- Ability to perform successfully under high levels of accountability for safety, schedule, and budget performance.
The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Frequently required to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous conditions.
This position may be required to travel frequently.