SUMMARY OF POSITION
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Strategic Business Development, the Design Engineer will lead the engineering responsibilities and will work closely with project development and project management teams to drive projects through initial design, pricing, contract, interconnection approval, final design, construction, installation, and commissioning.
- Design and engineer commercial solar systems between 1MW and 100MW in size
- Develop construction documents using AutoCAD
- Develop specifications, collect data, and complete utility interconnection applications and building permit applications
- Develop detailed equipment specifications and preliminary electrical designs
- Coordinate activities between clients, utilities, permit agencies, contractors, and other engineering firms
- Travel to project sites from time to time to gather site-specific data, as required
- Site assessment and analysis both from on-site data collection and network tools
- Contributing to or writing technical papers
- Site specific production analysis of systems
EDUCATION + EXPERIENCE
- Engineering degree (required)
- Minimum of one year of experience
- Medium Voltage design experience (preferred)
SKILLS + QUALIFICATIONS
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Sketchup, Microsoft Office products
- PV System Design experience (required)
- Client-facing communication skills
- Some travel (required)
The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Frequently required to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous materials.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the online application.