SUMMARY OF POSITION
Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Accounting Manager is responsible for preparing and maintaining financial records to track the organizations assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities.
- Assist in the maintenance of the general ledger for multiple legal entities.
- Support the monthly close process including but not limited to bank reconciliations, preparing and posting adjusting entries, analysis of aging schedules, etc.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies.
- Conduct monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance.
- Prepare financial statements using percentage of completion accounting method as appropriate to construction accounting and analyze statements for discrepancies and other issues that should be brought to the Controller’s attention
- Oversee preparation of construction pay applications,
- Assist other team members with finance and accounting support as needed.
- Perform ad-hoc reporting and analysis as requested.
- Provide support to operations staff for ongoing accounting issues.
- Assist Controller is coordinating semi-annual audits with third party auditor.
- Participate in meetings as required.
EDUCATION + EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- CPA license required.
- 3-5 years of construction experience preferred.
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
- Experience highly desirable but not required:
- Spectrum Construction Software (by Viewpoint, formerly Dexter+Chaney)
- Crystal reports
SKILLS + QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent work ethic and team player attitude.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong, concise written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and third parties.
- Ability to work flexible hours as this is not always a 40-hour a week position.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period. Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic).
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.